The Barnstable County Beekeepers Association (BCBA) is a 35-year-old group of more that 200 honeybee enthusiasts from Cape Cod and the surrounding area.
|Honeybees at work in the hive.
The BCBA meets monthly to discuss topics relevant to beekeeping on Cape Cod. Topics include hive management, honeybee pests and diseases, swarm control, plants and pollination, and extracting honey. In addition, the club runs a number of annual activities including a course on the Basics of Beekeeping, an annual spring pollinator plant sale, and a display at the Barnstable County Fair and the Harvest Fest.
Members of the BCBA range from beekeeping hobbiests with one or two hives to those who run beekeeping businesses with several hives. All members enjoy the following benefits:
- access to the clubs large library of videos and books on beekeeping
- the opportuntity to learn from established beekeepers experiences as well as those of state and regional bee associations
- subscribtion to the clubs monthly newsletter
- discounts for bees and beekeeping equipment
- the chance to sell bee products at the fair and fest.
To become a member, please complete the Membership Application and send it to:
P.O. Box 808
East Sandwich, MA 02537
or contact one of the officers of the club.
We welcome your participation!
Are you interested in becoming a beekeeper?
Read this article: Beekeeping: A Hobby With Sweet Rewards
printed with permission of the employee owner's of Gardener's Supply
» Join the BCBA Google Group